This coloring page can help you say important things to your child without saying a word: We can relax together. We can have a good time. We can concentrate. I am here with you. I am listening. I am interested in you. We can share feelings. We can make something beautiful, even when the world around us feels ugly.
- If possible, sit side by side in a quiet space with a surface.
- Children color the large image, you color the background.
- There’s no right or wrong way to color; the goal is to sit and relax together. It’s okay to sit without talking, too!
- Use the tips and conversation starters at the bottom.
- Children might also draw on the back of the page. Creative self-expression can be a great way to show how you feel, using no words at all.
- If possible, display the completed page.