Children will review the "Breathe, Think, Do" strategy.
Have children practice “Breathe, Think, Do.” Call out, “Freeze. I am feeling frustrated because I have a problem.”
- Say, “What’s the first thing I should do?” Hold up the “Breathe” card and encourage children to say “Breathe.”
- Ask, “Now what should I do?” Hold up the “Think” card and encourage children to say, “Think.”
- Say, “I am working on a project, but I can’t find the glue.” Ask, “What’s the problem?” Have the children restate your problem.
- Ask, “What’s the plan?” Have the children offer suggestions to solve your problem.
- If they have a hard time answering, say, “Maybe I could ask for help. Or I could think of another way to do my project.”