Identify feelings with a Sesame Street video.
- Gather children to watch the video. Explain that Cookie Monster and Elmo will show “happy” feelings. Ask them to identify the “happy” feelings they saw.
- Tape the words “happy” and “ecstatic” in different areas of the room.
- Say, “I’m going to tell you about something that happened to Cookie Monster and Elmo. If you think they are feeling happy, walk to the ‘happy’ wall. If you think they are feeling ecstatic, walk to the ‘ecstatic’ wall.”
- Demonstrate walking to the different locations. Say, “Different people feel different things at different times. It’s okay if some of you feel happy but others feel ecstatic.”
- When you share a scenario from the clip, ask the children to walk to the word they think the characters are feeling.