Join us via Facebook Live and YouTube Live at 4 p.m. EST Thursday, December 13th for an interactive conversation with a panel of expert providers from various sectors, all caring for families and children in transition. Learn how homelessness affects young children, gain tools and resources to use in your work, and share your ideas with the Sesame Community. In this forum, we will:
- Describe the experience of homelessness from a child’s perspective.
- Explore how we can support children’s and families’ remarkable resilience in order to lessen the long-term effects of this traumatic experience.
- Discuss the role of educators and health-care providers in serving homeless families.
- Look at examples of nationwide initiatives addressing the needs of young children.
- Brainstorm how providers from different fields can “connect the dots” within their own communities and beyond.
Moderator: Rocio Galarza, AVP, Content and Implementation, US Social Impact,
- Kate Barrand, President & CEO, Horizons for Homeless Children
- Karen Hudson, PhD, MSW, LSW, Program Leader, Homeless Health Initiative, Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
- Barbara Duffield, Executive Director, SchoolHouse Connection
- La Shawn Hye, Housing and Community Outreach Liaison, Project Hope Alliance
- Jasmine Hayes, Deputy Director, US Interagency Council on Homelessness