At Kansas City PBS, a rich legacy of service has laid the foundation for a limitless future with our community. Our content platforms — television, radio, digital and education — exist to serve the diversity of our region. We advance conversations through community engagement and social media. We explore complicated issues with thoughtful reporting. We share the stories of people, places, and progress in our community.
After all, public is our middle name.
Kansas City PBS educates and enriches our community with quality programming and services that entertain, challenge minds and contribute to a life of learning.
We accomplish this by:
- Serving as a platform to address community issues.
- Producing and delivering quality local programming.
- Delivering national and international programming.
- Establishing partnerships, collaborations and strategic alliances to better serve our community.
- Increasing the awareness and value of KCPT to ensure long-term financial support.
- Providing innovative educational programming and services.
- Improving our delivery methods with current and rapidly changing technologies.