Here’s how to keep children’s smiles healthy at every age and stage!
Infant and Toddler:
- Use a soft washcloth to clean baby’s gums and teeth every day, as soon as they come in.
- Schedule a first dental visit within six months after kids’ first tooth, or by their first birthday.
- Soothe a teething child by gently rubbing her gums with a clean finger, cold washcloth, or chilled teething ring.
- Remember to help children brush their teeth.
- Set up regular dental visits. There, you can learn about common concerns such as thumb-sucking and mouth injuries.
- Keep track of your child’s brushing and flossing routines, and help out when needed.
- During a child’s regular dental visits, get advice about caring for baby teeth or new, permanent teeth. Ask for advice on any issues, from using mouth guards for sports to chewing gum.