The Big Idea: Everyday materials can be perfect playthings!
Help kids color in the shapes and cut them out, then have fun creating together! You might:
- Arrange the shapes in different ways to build pictures. Can you make a house? A boat? A tower? An airplane?
- Hold up a shape, then work together to form that shape with your bodies.
- Create a picture with the shapes and make up a story about it.
- Pass a shape back and forth pretending that it’s different things: “Look! This triangle can be a hat! Now it’s an airplane! Now it’s an umbrella!”
- Hide the shapes around the house and play “Shape Hunt.”
If you don’t have access to a printer, you can cut apart a sheet of paper similarly (no need to match exactly)!