You can use the resources in this bundle to host a workshop for parents and FFN caregivers in your setting. Consider the following ideas and facilitation tips to provide an informative and playful experience!
- Begin by watching the “social chat” video together with parents and/or FFNs.
- Invite participants to share what types of playful experiences the children in their care enjoy the most. Ask, “How might you incorporate learning into those playful moments?”
- Talk about the strategies mentioned in the video. What stood out to them? What might they try?
- Print and share the “Growing and Learning Through Play” article and reference it for more ideas and discussion prompts.
- Finally, if you have more time, introduce more resources from SSIC.org that support this theme, such as:
For even more learning on this topic, check out our Circles of Care course!