The Big Idea: Spending, sharing, and saving are three important ways people make choices about money.
- Explain that kids can learn financial basics and that these skills will help them in the future.
- Show kids and parents the video and observe how each child describes spending, sharing, and saving. Listen to each child talk through the decision-making process and how each choice has value.
- Distribute copies of the “Three Jars” printable for families.
- Post a sheet of chart paper draw a chart with columns indicating “Spend,” “Save,” and “Share. Invite parents and kids to share their own examples of how they spend, save, and share in their own families. Write down their responses on the chart.
- Invite families to prepare their own “Spending,” “Saving,” and “Sharing” jars at home.