- Watch the video together. Then, together with children, write letters A through Z on small slips of paper and put them in a small container. You might label the container “Letter of the Day.”
- Every day, ask kids to pull a letter out of the container—that’s your letter of the day. Celebrate that letter all day long:
- Point the letter out in signs, books, and labels all around you.
- Think of a classmate, family member, or fictional character whose name starts with the letter.
- Form the letter with your bodies as you stretch or exercise (some letters can be formed alone, others need a partner).
- Eat foods starting with the letter.
- Form the letter using blocks or other toys.
- Practice writing the letter in lowercase and uppercase forms.
- Choose a bedtime story that starts with the letter.
If you do this every day, you’ll be done in 26 days! But you can start all over again—kids will keep on learning.