Asking questions about things you’re curious about is a great way to spark science learning and investigation. Here are questions that can spark science discovery at home and on the go. Try to find out the answers together!
- Do you think this sponge will sink or float in the bath? How about this spoon?
- Is it easier to balance on one foot or two feet?
- Can you move your hair by blowing air? How about a piece of paper? What about a banana?
- Can you find your shadow indoors?
- Which object will fall more quickly when dropped from waist-height: a feather or a pencil? How about a paper-towel roll versus a piece of paper?
On the Go:
- Which goes down a slide faster: a shoe or a ball?
- What does tree bark feel like?
- What happens to an ice cube if we leave it in the sun? What about if we leave it in the shade?
- Can you find your shadow outside?
- What does the grass feel like in the morning? What about in the evening?