Play the game as described on the printable page. Then try a variation:
- Ask kids to pick several squares and make a sequence of moves.
- Print multiple copies of the page so that you can have multiple sets of cards, and create patterns (such as skip, jump, skip, jump).
- Play a version of “Simon Says.” If you say “Elmo Says” before a move, children can move. But if you only say the move (without “Elmo Says”), kids can’t move!
- Encourage kids to include some stretches between moves, following the same format as the rest of the cards (“Stretch like a rubber band”).
- Keep the cards in an envelope so you can play anytime, anywhere.