Together, watch this video of a day in the life of 10-year-old Salia. She has three little sisters and a mom and dad in recovery, and they’re all thriving now. Afterward, ask:
- How does Salia explain what addiction is?
- How is Salia’s family the same as your family? How is it different?
- What does Salia do when she has big feelings?
- How does she meditate? Let’s watch again and try it together.
- Why is drawing and writing about her feelings important to Salia?
- What does her family like to do together? What do you like to do with your family?
Special thanks to New Directions for Women in Costa Mesa, CA.