The Big Idea: Moving around helps kids learn!
- Watch the video and jump along together, following The Count’s directions. Together, count out the hops.
- Take turns giving movement directions. Younger kids can “hop two times” or “twirl five times.” Older kids may be ready for these challenges:
- Use simple number sentences: “Hop one plus two times.” Count to three as kids hop.
- Ask kids to make a shape with their hops: “Hop in a circle” or “Hop to make a square.”
- Use patterns in directions: “Hop two times, twirl three times, hop two times…what comes next?”