Print this page and share the short story with children, then invite them to color the pictures. (You can also just share it on screen). Consider these tips:
- To help children get used to seeing others wearing masks, practice wearing masks at home together as a family.
- When you practice at home, wear masks together and look at yourselves in the mirror.
- Spend a few days trying out different types of masks to see which might be most comfortable for your child.
- Choose a favorite game or activity to do only when the mask is on.
- Take photos to celebrate small moments when your child wears their mask, and let children look at them.
- If your child isn’t ready to put their mask on just yet, try smaller steps such as rubbing the mask gently against their cheek, or placing the straps around only one ear.