Launch Let’s Talk About Race
Choose from the five topics in this activity to engage children in important conversations, thought, and action around race and racial justice.
- Important Questions: Pose questions to find out what kids already know… then expand their understanding.
- All About Me: Celebrate how we’re each special, inside and out.
- Making a Difference: Inspire children to use their voices.
- Big Feelings: Explore ideas for self care and working through overwhelming emotions.
- I Am Somebody: Look in the mirror together, stand or sit straight and tall, and invite children to repeat each of the phrases after you, then say them together. Encourage children to “use their proud voice”! You can make this a morning or evening ritual, and think up new affirmations.