First, explain that Ji-Young is a new neighbor who lives on Sesame Street with her family. Ji-Young is Korean-American. In Korean, Ji means smart and Young means brave. Ji also has another special meaning—Sesame!
Ji-Young and Tamir are new friends, and they both love building things. Watch together with children. Afterward, you might ask:
- What did Ji-Young want to build? (an airplane)
- What did Tamir want to build? (a robot)
- How did they feel when they realized there was only one piece of cardboard left? (disappointed, frustrated)
- How did they solve the problem? (they shared the materials they had and thought of a new thing to build together that used both of their ideas)
- What did they create in the end? (a flying robot that they call a robo-plane)