Watch this video together with kids, then ask about what they like to observe inside, outside, and on the go. You might ask questions such as:
- What have you recently noticed about the trees outside?
- What can you notice about what I’m making in the kitchen?
- What is something cool that you noticed on the bus this morning? (for school-age kids)
Then, invite kids to practice making observations by observing your hair! You can ask:
- What are some things you notice about my hair?
- What does my hair smell like?
- What does it feel like?
- How does it move?
As kids practice noticing, they’ll notice that they’re making observations naturally all day long.