Talking about race and racism is important. Taking action is, too. There are things parents can do to help their families diversify their homes, routines, and experiences.
- Watch the video to hear how Patricia and Shannon share the ways they prioritize representation and diversity in their homes.
- Reflect on these questions to help you put the strategies into action.
- Do the things we welcome into our home—art, TV shows, books—reflect a variety of skin colors and protagonist characters?
- Do we take outings to places outside of our usual “bubble” to meet new people and have new experiences as a family?
- How do we already celebrate diversity? What are we doing well that we might build upon?