Print this page and help children complete it. Ask children, “How many ways can you think of helping your friends and neighbors?” Ideas might include:
- clapping for an essential worker
- baking and packing treats for essential workers
- collecting coins in a jar and donating to organizations that need help
- packing boxes with donations
- calling a faraway loved one who might be feeling lonely, or who needs checking in on (or doing the same for a neighbor)
- sorting through toys, books, or clothes they don’t use anymore and donating them
- writing a thank-you note or drawing a picture for someone they love or someone they want to thank
- making signs to post in your windows
- doing chores at home to help parents who are working
Of course, in a health emergency, washing our hands can be the biggest help of all!
You can also watch this video about helping.