The Big Idea: There are so many ways to give our time and energy, even in little ways. Volunteering can help our communities grow stronger. Being of service also helps us feel good. Especially in tough times, it’s powerful to still be able to help others!
Good Neighbors Volunteer
Watch the video together with children. Explain that helping others helps us all! Then ask:
- Can you tell me what volunteering means? (giving your time and energy to help others)
- Why did Elmo say “three cheers for volunteers”?
- How was selling the cookies going to help others?
- Why would it be good for the Sesame Street community center to have more books?
- Have you or any of your friends or family ever volunteered? What kind of work did you (or they) do?
- If you were to volunteer, who would you want to help? How would you help them?
Check out this page and keep the learning going! Once children have watched all the videos and completed all the printable pages, print this certificate (or look at it together on-screen) so they can join the club themselves.