The Big Idea: When a loved one becomes ill with COVID-19 and is isolated, there are ways to offer comfort and honest explanations, and to stay connected to the person who is sick.
- Before viewing with your child: Preview the video by yourself first. If you decide to share it with your child, explain that it’s about a little monster named Buddy whose dad is sick and quarantined in another room.
- View the video together once. On a second viewing, you might pause wherever children seem interested or have questions, or when something seems similar to their experience (you might ask, “Have you ever felt like Buddy?”)
- After viewing: Ask children:
- What did Buddy do to help himself feel better?
- What did he do to help his dad?
- How were things the same as in our family?
- How were they different?