When your little one is feeling sick, support from a caring adult can be a game changer. Special gestures show that you care and that you’ll always be there for her. Consider these ideas to help make the hard days a little easier.
- Movie Day. Have a special movie day (or night!) on the couch (on in bed!). Settle in with comfy blankets and stuffed animals as you watch the movie of her choice and perhaps share a special snack.
- Cool Hugs. If your little one is feverish, put his favorite stuffed animal in the freezer for 15 minutes or more. Then deliver it for a nice chilly cuddle!
- Comfy Fun. Create a sick-day fort. Drape a sheet over a table and put some of your child’s favorite things (stuffed animals, snacks, books, and so on) underneath.
- Menu. If your little one is stuck in bed, create a simple menu listing some food choices, with simple drawings next to each, and invite her to order different options by circling them.
- Child in Charge! Give your child a much-needed sense of control by allowing him to take his own temperature, and read the numbers together.