Simple activities can be relaxing and comforting for both kids and grown-ups. Invite your child to color with you. You might want to color the small details in the background while your child colors the large picture.
As you color, you can get a conversation going with questions such as:
- Would you like to listen to some music while we color?
- What would you like to listen to?
- What are your favorite colors?
- What is your favorite thing for us to do together?
- What was the best thing we did together this week?
- What is something new that we could do together?