Watch the video together with children. Then ask, “Can you tell me about a time when…”:
- someone helped you find something you’d lost, or helped you with another problem ?
- you helped a friend or a neighbor when they were having a problem?
- you stuck up for someone who was not being treated well or fairly?
- Let children see you sharing smiles, waves, or a friendly word with people you may not know who live and work in your community.
- It can be hard to ask for help. Let children see you offering to help others, even in small ways. If you need help yourself, whether it’s a big problem or a small one, remember that it’s brave to reach out and ask. Children may remember your example for years to come.
Check out this page and keep the learning going! Once children have watched all the videos and completed all the printable pages, print this certificate (or look at it together on-screen) so they can join the club themselves.