Read the story together. Big Bird’s Granny helps him and his cousin Natalie gather yummy food and make a healthy dinner as a family! While you read, or afterward, help children connect the story to their own lives by asking:
- Do you like to shop for food with your family? Why or why not?
- How do you help with meals at home? Do you get out food, set out utensils, or help clean up?
- What are your favorite healthy foods to get when your family shops for food together?
- What is your favorite vegetable?
- What do you like to cook with your family?
- If you could make a yummy, healthy meal and invite special people to eat it with you, what would the meal be and who come eat with you?